Decker Background

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Birthday Present and Missing All of You


Good morning!!  

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted! I'm a Bad Blogger!! LOL! I'll try not to let that happen again....

I have a confession to make. I've been a little preoccupied with something.  My awesome better half gave me a wonderful birthday present this year.  Yes, it's a 10.1 inch Toshiba Thrive Android Honeycomb 3.1 Tablet!!!!!! 
Thrive™ 10-inch Tablet (16GB)
I LOVE this thing!  It does so many things and I'm still discovering new and amazing apps everyday.  

I'm an avid reader and now have a whole library of e-books (approx 500+) at my fingertips!  I'm able to read in 3 different apps - Overdrive Media Console (which I highly recommend), Amazon Kindle app for Android, and the Barnes and Noble Nook app for Android.  I already own a Pandigital Novel and it does a fine job, but I was looking for something more and hands down this tablet certainly has been the ticket!  

But let's not stop there.  Not only is it convenient as an e-reader, it also handles my e-mail, online browsing, and game playing.  One of the other things that I love is the Android Market and all its apps.  I have found so many that totally streamline my life.  

For example, grocery shopping has to go on the bottom of my list, but with these apps it is so much easier to keep track of what we need and even what's on sale!  (I've put these on my Droid also and it updates across our wi-fi network automatically so I just need to take my phone to shop!)  Here are the ones I like: Grocery Pal, Saving Star, and Our Groceries - now I easily save money at the store - in fact, on Sunday we saved $63.50 off our grocery bill - awesome!!!!

There are so many things that are terrific that I could go on and on and on - we can rent a movie at Redbox or Blockbuster Express while sitting on the couch (the other day we ordered Dominoes Pizza online in our living room) - buying a newspaper is a thing of the past - I read newspapers from all over the place but my fav is USA Today (that app is World Newspapers and it also has magazines!). Simply put, the Honey Dew app is a MUST have. Heck, I can even set up my DVR to record a program that we want to watch!  Now, I'm seriously considering making ALL my recipes digital! I'm here to tell you that the uses are endless!

Before our purchase, I was undecided and compared the Motorola Zoom, the Samsung Galaxy Tab, and the Toshiba Thrive. The things I knew for sure was that I wanted the 10.1 inch screen and an Android OS. At the end of the day, for the money, the Thrive always came out on top!  I'm sure the others are very nice as well, but with the Thrive I was able to get a 16GB 10.1 inch tablet for under $375.  And did I mention that the Thrive has a full size SD card slot so I can expand my memory?!!

I really can't say enough about this tablet!  So if you're in the market for a tablet I can say without a doubt that the Toshiba Thrive is awesome. The only thing is doesn't have is 3G capability but since I have the Droid for when I'm on the go and mainly use the tablet at home - it suits my needs quite well.  Many apps don't even need the wi-fi once they are downloaded and Mobile Hotspot is always an option.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to lately and I definitely want to get back to posting more regularly.  Thanks for your patience!

Have a wonderful Tuesday.  See ya soon!
Photobucket

P.S. I'm working on a new Soda Tab Bracelet and will show you when it's done - so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...